KOLA Outlook: If any of you have ever been in business before, you know some of the decisions that you have to make to keep going. We are no different. Every year we look at what has happened over the past school year, what courses we offer, who our students are and try to determine what worked and what didn’t. We also look at our goals for the school which are three-fold.
- To provide great educational courses, resources, opportunities and support for our students and their parents/learning coaches.
- To keep the tuition and fees affordable and flexible so more families can have great educational opportunities.
- To remain private and non-accredited so that what is important to our families and their students is what remains the focus of their education.
Status Update: Kids On Line Academy is a very unique school. We are a private online school and we are NOT accredited because we want the students’ requirements, goals, and progress to be left up to you as the parents who know their students best. We are solely funded by the tuition and fees paid by the students. We receive no other funding. In order to have the lower tuition rates, we have to have enough students enroll so we can cover the costs of offering the curriculum at the lower tuition.
At this point, we have not had enough students enroll to cover our costs and have been digging a financial hole for ourselves. So as we have gone over the changes for this next school year, we have played tug-a-war with many of the courses. Do we increase the number of tuition credits for the course(s) so we can cover the costs with fewer students enrolling or do we leave them where they are and hope that our enrollment increases enough?
We have fought back and forth with this for many of the courses and that is one reason we don’t have the enrollment link up yet. The mom and dad in us say that we need to keep the tuition as low as possible because we want it to be the best deal possible for other families out there. The business partners in us say that we have to increase as much as we can so we can become viable. At the same time, we don’t want to increase the costs too much because we don’t want to make the tuition too expensive for our students to continue with us. Fortunately, we are getting close to having things all decided and hope to have the changes made and online for fall enrollments soon.
Changes: So here are the changes that will take place for fall enrollments:
- Application Fee: The application fee will remain at $10 per student.
- Tuition: The tuition cost per credit is going up by $.50 to $8.00 a credit.
- Course Tuition Credits: For a few of the courses, the number of tuition credits have been increased to match the costs associated with the course.
- Available Courses: The same courses will be available this year with the addition of a few new ones.
- Kola Kredit: This program will remain the same where you can get $5.00 KOLA Kredit (good toward tuition costs) for any new student who enrolls and puts your name down as the one who told them about the school.
KOLA Loyalty Benefits: How will this affect our current students? We want you to benefit from being dedicated KOLA students and parents so this is the deal for you. Current students will receive the following benefits as long as they enroll during “Early Enrollment” which is until the end of June.
- Application Fee: The application fee will be waived.
- Tuition: You will pay last year’s tuition cost per credit ($7.50).
- Summer Access: We are extending your current courses for another month. Access will continue until July 1st. If you re-enroll in the same course, then access will continue throughout the rest of the summer without an interruption.
- KOLA Kredit: In an effort to help you earn more KOLA Kredit to help with your tuition costs, we are allowing you to extend some of your “Loyalty Benefit” to your friends and family. Any new student who signs up and puts in the code below will pay at last year’s tuition rate AS LONG AS THEY REGISTER AND PAY BEFORE JULY 1st and you will also receive $10.00 KOLA Kredit for each student who uses this code BEFORE JULY 1st. Starting July 1st, you will receive the regular $5.00 KOLA Kredit for each new student who uses this code:
- Your Code to Share: LOYAL-xxxxx
On July 1st, regular tuition and fees will apply to everyone.
Fall Courses: The first official day of school is September 1st; however, we will begin giving access to newly-enrolled courses on August 1st.
Bottom Line: We are not willing to give up on Kids On Line Academy and we hope that you aren’t either. Please help us increase our enrollments and keep KOLA going. There are some courses that we offer that are no longer available to individual students. We want them and others to continue to be available to you through our school. Please enroll in your favorite courses for fall and encourage your friends to also enroll.
Thanks for being part of KOLA! Watch for the Fall Enrollment Link to come out soon.